AKA “Coach Stevie” or “Stevie”
- AIBA 1-Star Certified Coach
- Boxing Canada Certified
- NCCP Level 3 Coach
- 25+ Years Boxing & Coaching
- 2 Time Boxing Ontario Coach of the Year and The Youngest ever to win the award (at 24, previous record in the 40s)
- Trainer to Various Boxers competing for Professional World Titles or chasing Olympic Gold
“15 Minutes early is on time, on time is late, late is unacceptable.” – Eric Jerome Dickey
“If you are 5 minutes early, you are already 10 minutes late.” – Coach Vince Lombardi
- Amateur Olympic Style Boxing
- Professional boxing
- Team training
- Strength & Conditioning
- 1to1 coaching
Real focus on the basics and your personality will dictate the style, understanding of ring psychology , tactical understanding. There is no one size fits all way of coaching.
Stevie is originally from County Galway In the west of Ireland. Grew up boxing and competing from an early age. After an extensive amateur career began coaching at 15 to help out his coaches all the while still competing until the age of 21.
He moved to Canada in 2012 at the age of 23 to pursue his coaching here.
In the 10 years since he arrived he has a list of accomplishments that include;
In the amateur ranks;
- 2 Time Boxing Ontario coach of the year and the youngest to ever win the award
- 16 Senior Elite National Champions (Canada/Ireland/Sierra Leone).
- Over 50 Ontario Provincial tournament championships (Golden Gloves/Silver Gloves/Bronze Gloves/Brampton Cup).
- Guided athletes to Continental, Pan American and World Championships.
- Continental Champion.
- Had 3 athletes ranked top 10 in the world in IBA rankings.
In the professional ranks;
- Canadian , International and North American champions.
- Took a fighter from national level to a world title fight.
- Several fighters ranked top 15 by WBA, WBC , IBF, WBO.
- Currently trainer to several undefeated prospects and top 15 rated world contenders.
Stevie has been involved In boxing since he was 6 years of age.
His commitment to the sport is evident in his results with an array of males, females, all weights across both the amateur and professional ranks!
Favourite Pre-Workout Fuel:
Pasta and Chicken
Favourite Post-Workout Fuel:
Steak and Eggs
Favourite Rest Day Fuel:
Sweet potato, steak. eggs, vegetables
Interested in working with Coach Stevie? Reach out to the coaching staff at the West End AC by emailing email@example.com